When will we be able to register?
Registrations for the October 2021 MS Moonlight Walk will open very soon! Simply register your interest here and keep an eye on your inbox for our exclusive information and price savings! Plus you’ll be the first to know when registrations open.
Will the courses be the same as previous years?
We’re working with our on course logistics team to put the finishing touches on all the courses for 2021. We will have our standard distances of 3km, 5km (both wheelchair accessible) and 10km and all will be very similar courses to previous years.
See the planned course maps for 2021 here. All courses are subject to change.
What measures have MS Queensland put in place to make the event COVID Safe?
MS Queensland is working with all the relevant authorities to ensure we are able to deliver the safest event possible for everyone involved.
COVID Safe measures we will have in place on event day include:
- An increased event site space capacity to allow for appropriate physical distancing – 2m² per person
- Split the start and finish locations to ensure enough space for riders at the start line.
- Staggered start times to reduce the number of people on site at any time
- Introduction of hand sanitising stations
- Event cleaners to ensure all high touch point areas are cleaned frequently
- Extra toilets to reduce queuing times
- No cups will be available at refreshment stations, participants MUST bring their own water bottles
We will be monitoring all government advice and regulations regularly and will continue to work with all relevant authorities prior to the event and on event night to ensure that the event is as safe as possible.
We will communicate with all participants regularly as to any changes they should expect or any new rules and regulations around the event.
We also ask that any participant who are not feeling well or who are showing any mild symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath or fatigue, to stay home and not attend the event.
IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
What does the ‘In Your Neighbourhood’ (Virtual Walk) mean?
We understand that you may be a bit nervous about attending a large mass participation event with the current COVID situation, or that you may live too far away to make the Friday night event and we wanted to ensure there was a way you could still get involved and support those living with MS!
Instead of attending the physical event at Davies Park on Friday 15 October, get your friends and family together and choose our own distance around your local area!
We will send you your official MS Moonlight Walk lantern, along with any merchandise you purchase. You will still get your personal online fundraising page to spread the word and raise money for people living with MS. Then on Friday 15 October, take to your streets to light up your neighbourhood and walk your chosen distance. You can even link your fitness app to your online fundraising page and track your walk!
When should I walk?
No matter where you are across Queensland, together we will walk on Friday 15 October, to raise our lanterns in the belief that no one should face MS alone.
How far should I walk?
You can set your own distance! As a suggestion, why not walk 3km, 5km or 10km in your local area – these are the three courses that are on offer along the Brisbane river from Davies Park.
Did you know when you register and log onto your personal dashboard you can even set your distance goal! Simply head to ‘my fitness activity’ tab and enter the km’s you will be walking on Friday 15 October.
You can also link your fitness app and track your steps. This will all appear on your fundraising page, so your sponsors can see your dedication in the walk to fight MS!
What do I receive for my entry fee?
Once you sign up, you’ll receive:
- Your very own lantern, posted out so you can LIGHT up your neighbourhood
- A flash fundraising page, where you add your kilometres walked – in the lead up to and on event night
- All exclusive access to our NEW closed Facebook Group!
- Your own FUNdraising toolkit to help you raise as much as you can to support 4,000 Queenslanders living with MS
- Support from the team at MS Queensland, to help you and your fundraising every step of the way
- The knowledge that you are part of a, strong community walking to ensure no one faces MS alone.
Can I do this with other people?
Of course – we encourage everyone to ask their family and friends to join them in the walk to fight MS.
We ask, that everyone registers online as a participant in the MS Moonlight Walk so they can have access to all the goodies included in registration, plus they will receive their official MS Moonlight Walk lantern to carry on the night.