The 2018 MS Moonlight Walk starts from the Cultural Forecourt at South Bank Parklands, and follows a 5km or 10km walk around the Brisbane River, before returning to the finish line at South Bank. These courses are designed to be relaxing and safe, encouraging people of all ages and fitness levels to take part, whilst enjoying the novelty of a night-time sky! Both the 5km and 10km courses will be sign posted and there will be event marshals on major corners.
This course is wheelchair friendly and starts at the Cultural Forecourt, South Bank Parklands, passing through the beautiful esplanade and over the Goodwill Bridge to the Botanic Gardens, returning to South Bank. There is a refreshment station located at the end of the Goodwill Bridge.
If you would like to do a shorter walk, we recommend turning around at either end of the Goodwill Bridge. The MS Moonlight Walk is for people to enjoy the views of the Brisbane River, and accomplish their own personal goals.
EWander along the Brisbane River, past the illuminated Kangaroo Point cliffs and up onto the Story Bridge. Enjoy the scenic view from the Story Bridge as you cross the river heading towards the city. Meander along the Riverside and make your way through the Botanic Gardens and back across the Goodwill Bridge, returning to the Cultural Forecourt at South Bank.
Toilets (including wheelchair accessible) will be available at home base. Public toilets (including wheelchair accessible) can be found at the Courier Mail Piazza and also at QPAC.
There are also public toilets along the course, these are located at:
- Botanic Gardens
- Kangaroo Point Cliffs (near Ellis St)
- Kangaroo Point Cliffs (River Terrace)
- T. White Park, Thornton Street
- Captain John Burke Park, Holman Street (including Disabled Access)
- Botanic Gardens
What does my entry fee cover?
- Official MS Moonlight Walk lantern
- Mapped out course with safety officers and course marshals
- Toilets and refreshment stations with water, food and first aid
- Live entertainment and food stalls
- Dedicated volunteers who can assist you on the day
- A fun and exciting evening – a night you won’t forget!