How do I enter?
The quickest and easiest way to register is on our website here, where you can register as an individual, family of team.
Should you wish to register offline using cash, cheque, or money order, please contact us on 1300 090 923 or email@example.com.
When do online entries close?
Online registrations will close at 11:59pm Thursday 14th October, 2021.
What if we don’t have enough email addresses for the whole family?
As your email is also your username, each participant will require their own unique email address to be able to create an online account. Do you have a work or personal email address you could use? Do you have iCloud account for an iPad?
If you don’t have any other emails you could use, we suggest setting up a free email – it takes just two minutes on Gmail or Hotmail.
What if I don’t want my child to have a fundraising page?
Upon finalising each registration, an online fundraising page will be created, however you can contact us requesting for it to be hidden. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and we will hide your child’s fundraising page
How do I register a family?
Family tickets are two adults and two children. Simply select this option when selecting your ticket option. Families will be required to do the same distance, you won’t be able to split across two distances.
What about children under 5 years old?
Infants and children under the age of 5 years old can take part in the MS Moonlight Walk for free. You do not need to register children under 5 on our website, however, for safety reasons we would ask you to please send us their first and surname & their age to email@example.com.
How do I create a team?
Registering a team is easy, just follow the below steps:
- Start by registering yourself as an individual
- At the bottom of the page “CREATE YOUR PAGE” there is the option to create or join a team
- The person who creates the team is by default the Team Captain (this can be changed later, simply let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You can then let other people know about your team, so that they can join the team when they register
- You can also login after registering and create your team from your Dashboard.
**When creating a team – there is the option to ‘allow anyone to join your team’. It can be set to ‘invitation only’ so only people who get sent the team page link will be able to join the team. Please note that your team mates must use the link you sent them to be able to register for your team.
How do I join a team?
Joining a team is easy - just follow the below steps:
- Start by registering yourself as an individual
- At the bottom of the page "Create your Page" there is an option to create or join a team
- Click on 'Join a team' and type your team name into the search field to search for your preferred team*
*If you cannot find your team - your Team Captain may have set the team to invite only and they will need to send you a link so you can join the team.
I’ve registered but now I want to join a team, how do I do this?
Joining a team after you’ve registered is easy, simply log into your dashboard after you have registered for the event and follow these steps:
- Search for team and click through to their page
- Click the ‘JOIN US’ button
** If the ‘JOIN US’ button is not appearing, the Team Captain will need to send an invitation email to the participant to invite them to join the team
What does the “In Your Neighbourhood” option mean?
We understand that you may be a bit nervous about attending a large mass participation event with the current COVID situation, or that you may live too far away to make the Friday night event and we wanted to ensure there was a way you could still get involved and support those living with MS!
Instead of attending the physical event at Davies Park on Friday 15 October, get your friends and family together and choose our own distance around your local area!
We will send you your official MS Moonlight Walk lantern, along with any merchandise you purchase. You will still get your personal online fundraising page to spread the word and raise money for people living with MS. Then on Friday 15 October, take to your streets to light up your neighbourhood and walk your chosen distance. You can even link your fitness app to your online fundraising page and track your walk!
Be sure to take photos and post them to the exclusive MS Moonlight Walk Facebook Group so others can see you out and about supporting people living with MS.
I’ve registered for the ‘In Your Neighbourhood’ event, what do I receive for my entry fee?
Thank you for registering as part of the MS Moonlight Walk, and choosing to light up your neighbourhood as together we walk to fight MS.
Your official MS Moonlight Walk lantern will be posted to you prior to the event day on Friday 15 October, when we walk together (whether it’s in your neighbourhood or along the Brisbane river!).
Please join the MS Moonlight Walk Facebook Group where you can share your event experience with other MS Moonlight Walk participants, when we walk to fight MS together on Friday 15 October, to raise money to help thousands of Queensland living with MS.
NOTE: You must register by Wednesday 6th October to ensure you will recieve your lantern before the walk. After this date, we cannot guarentee it will arrive in time.
I’ve registered for the Davies Park event, what do I receive for my entry fee?
Your event day experience will include the following:
- Mapped out course with safety officers, first aid and course marshals
- Official MS Moonlight Walk lantern
- Refreshment stations with refilling stations and snacks
- Live entertainment and food stalls
- Dedicated volunteers who can assist you on the day
How can I purchase merchandise?
You can purchase merchandise during the registration process or through your fundraising account. Log in and select ‘Buy Merchandise’.
All merchandise purchased after Friday 17 September can be collected at the event.
There will be a merchandise tent on the day where you will be able to purchase the official MS Moonlight Walk t-shirts. However, we sold out of merchandise last year, so to avoid disappointment, order your merchandise early!
If you are an In Your Neighbourhood particpant, you must purchase your merchandise by Wednesday 6th OCtober to ensure it will arrive in time for the walk. After this date, we cannot guarentee it will arrive in time.
I’ve purchased a shirt and my size doesn’t fit, can I swap it for another size?
Unfortunately, once you have received your shirt, we are unable to complete any merchandise size swaps at all due to COVID-19 requirements. Please make sure you check the shirt size tables before making your purchase. Any merchandise size swaps must happen before the merchandise cut off date of September 17th.
Why is there a MS Moonlight Walk in October, when it was already held in March this year?
The March Moonlight Walk was held after COVID-19 restrictions forced us to post pone the 2020 event.
We are looking to get our normal Moonlight Walk schedule back on track by holding the event on Friday 15 October 2021. We are very excited for this event to be one of the best yet!
IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
When should I walk?
On Friday 15 October, anytime from sundown!
How far should I walk?
You can set your own distance! As a suggestion, why not walk 3km, 5km or 10km in your local area – these are the three courses that are on offer along the Brisbane river from Davies Park.
Did you know when you register and log onto your personal dashboard you can even set your distance goal! Simply head to ‘my fitness activity’ tab and enter the km’s you will be walking on Friday 15 October.
You can also link your fitness app and track your steps. This will all appear on your fundraising page, so your sponsors can see your dedication in the walk to fight MS!
What's included in my registration price?
Once you sign up, you’ll receive:
- Your very own lantern, posted out so you can LIGHT up your neighbourhood
- A flash fundraising page, where you add your kilometres walked – in the lead up to and on event night
- All exclusive access to our closed Facebook Group!
- Your own FUNdraising toolkit to help you raise as much as you can to support 4,000 Queenslanders living with MS
- Support from the team at MS Queensland, to help you and your fundraising every step of the way
- The knowledge that you are part of a, strong community walking to ensure no one faces MS alone.
Can I do this with other people?
Of course – we encourage everyone to ask their family and friends to join them in the walk to fight MS.
We ask, that everyone registers online as a participant in the MS Moonlight Walk so they can have access to all the goodies included in registration, plus they will receive their official MS Moonlight Walk lantern to carry on the night.
How can I register and recruit my team?
Registering a team is easy, just follow the below steps:
- Start by registering yourself as an individual
- At the bottom of the “CREATE YOUR PAGE” step, there is the option to create or join a team
- The person who creates the team is by default the Team Captain
- You can then let other people know about your team, so that they can join in when they register – you can do this via email or social media. We have some tools available to help you - including posters if you want to go old school!
Is there a maximum team size?
Yes, for safety reasons we recommend that if you are joining to walk to fight MS in your local area, we ask that you keep group sizes to 50 people maximum. Please note, this may change if there are government restrictions for public gatherings in place at the time of walking.
Please keep updated with these changes through your local authorities.
Are there any rules I need to abide by?
Safety of our participants is always our first priority, whether you’re attending an event, or taking part in your neighbourhood. Below is a list of rules in place to help keep you safe:
- Follow all Queensland road rules and walk with care and consideration of others on the roads and paths at all times
- Follow the direction of the relevant government and health authorities in relation to the size of public gatherings and other COVID-19 measurements including social distancing, hygiene and isolation
- Stay home
- if you are feeling unwell, or showing any of the following symptoms: cough, sore throat, fatigue, runny nose, fever, loss of smell and/or taste.
- if you or any of your household are being tested for COVID-19 and are yet to receive your results
- if you or any of your household has been in contact with a person isolated by a medical practitioner or who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the event
Other tips on keeping safe in your neighbourhood
- If you are planning on having a start or finishing point within a local park, we recommend you check with your local council as to whether there are any rules around group usage or evening use.
- Consider the route you want to take on the night – have you walked it at night before and do you know how lit up these areas are? We encourage you to do a quick drive around the area one night in the few weeks leading up to make sure it is a safe night time route.
- Are the footpaths relatively flat and trip hazard free? It is easier to spot hazards in the day time, so if it’s a new route you haven’t walked often, be careful on the night.
- We asked that anyone under the age of 16 is accompanied by an adult.
- Carry water with you to keep you hydrated
Ensure you are following all our tips on how you can keep COVID Safe, so that you and any family or friends walking with you on the night stay healthy. Find these here.
If I purchase merchandise, how will I recieve it?
Any merchandise purchases will be sent to you in the mail.
To ensure we are able to get this to you before the event, orders must be placed by Wednesay 6th October.
I want to fundraise but I don’t know where to start. Where can I get more information?
It’s wonderful you would like to fundraise to help the thousands of Queenslanders living with MS. We recommend personalising your fundraising page with a photo of you. This shows your supporters they are supporting YOUR walk. The next step is to start asking family, friends and colleagues to sponsor your walk.
We find email works best! Just an email (we can even provide you with a template, which can be found on your dashboard), to all your friends, family, colleagues and other networks can raise hundreds of dollars very quickly. Also asking for sponsorship on Facebook, and asking people face-to-face are very effective ways to make a difference. We are here to help coach you through any fundraising methods. Get in touch with us on 1300 090 923 or email@example.com.
Ask your workplace for a donation as well. Lots of businesses are more than happy to match your own donation and fundraising – effectively doubling your impact!
We also have loads of resources and downloads to help you reach your fundraising goals. If you require any further assistance, please contact us on 1300 090 923 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are more than happy to help.
Does my entry fee go towards people living with MS?
Your entry fee goes towards supporting the associated costs of staging such a large public event. This means we rely on you to get involved and raise much-needed funds for the nearly 4,000 Queenslanders living with multiple sclerosis.
All money raised by our walkers in the MS Moonlight Walk goes towards changing the lives of people living with MS, and to ensure no one has to face MS alone.
What will happen if I don’t reach the minimum fundraising target?
There is no penalty for not reaching the $250 fundraising minimum, however as your registration fee helps cover the running of this essential fundraising event, funds you raise will support the increasing number of people living with multiple sclerosis. We will provide each participant with all the personalised support they require to reach their fundraising goals, and host a fantastic event to celebrate each participants’ achievements.
Our goal is to raise $300,000 from the October 2021 event in order to continue to support the growing number of people in Queensland living with MS and we cannot do it without this event and the public’s support.
What does the fundraised money go toward?
All money raised by our walkers in the MS Moonlight Walk goes towards providing support and care to the thousands of Queenslanders living with MS. Giving people living with MS access to support services including service coordination, physiotherapy, counselling and mindfulness. Helping them to stay mobile, feel more confident and live independently with their MS.
How can I bank my offline donations?
There are a number of ways you can bank any donations you receive via cash and cheque/money order. Click here for more information.
Will I receive a receipt when I donate to a walker or a team?
Any donation of $2.00 and over is tax-deductible. If you donate online, a receipt will automatically be emailed to you. You may request to appear anonymously. If you prefer to donate to a walker with cash, the walker can bank this cash into their own account and add it as an offline donation on their fundraising account. Please ensure they are supplied with your details for receipt purposes. i.e. First Name; Last Name; Email; Address; Suburb; Post Code; State; Country; Phone number.
How do I recieve my fundraising rewards?
If you are participating in the Davies Park walk, you will be able to collect your rewards at the event.
If you are an In Your Neighbourhood participant, your rewards will be mailed to you. After Wedesday 6th October we cannot guarentee your rewards will reach you before the event. If you continue to earn rewards after this date, they will be sent to you in November.
ON THE DAY EVENT INFORMATION
When will I receive information about the day?
You will receive regular event newsletters, as well as an email in the week before the event with information specific to event day, including information on your allocated start time, course maps, event schedule etc.
What measures have you put in place to make the event COVID Safe?
MS Queensland is working with all the relevant authorities to ensure we are able to deliver the safest event possible for everyone involved.
The event will operate under COVID Safe measures including:
- An increased event site to allow for appropriate physical distancing
- Introduction of hand sanitising stations
- Event cleaners to ensure all high touch point areas are cleaned frequently
- Extra toilets to reduce queuing times
We will be monitoring all government advice and regulations regularly and will continue to work with all relevant authorities prior to the event and on event night to ensure that the event is as safe as possible.
We will communicate with all participants regularly as to any changes they should expect or any new rules and regulations around the event.
What can I do to help keep the event COVID Safe?
There are a number of ways that you can help us to keep the MS Moonlight Walk COVID Safe:
- Stay home…
- …if you are feeling unwell, or if you have any of the following symptoms: cough, sore throat, runny nose, fever, loss of smell and/or taste.
- …if you or any member of your household is currently being tested for COVID-19 and is yet to receive results
- …if you or any member of your household has been in contact with a person isolated by a medical practioner or who has a confirmed case of COVID-1 in the 14 days before the event
- Check into the site using the QLD COVID Safe check in app.
- Ensure that you are following all relevant Government and health authority regulations around self-isolation if you have travelled in the lead up to the event.
- Follow physical distancing requirements of 1.5m for the duration of the event
- Bring your own personal hand sanitiser or use the hand sanitiser on site frequently
- Bring your own water bottle to use during the walk
- Don’t greet team mates with hugs
- Register anyone who isn’t participating in the walk but who wants to come to the event.
- Wear a face mask
- Follow the directions of MS Queensland staff and volunteers
I don’t want to participate in the event, but I would like to be a spectator, is this possible?
Yes – we have limited spectator spots available. We do require all spectators to register their details via this form so that we are able to facilitate contact tracing should we need to. All spectators will need to pre-register so that we are able to monitor the numbers on site at Davies Park. Click here to register your details now.
Should I attend the event if I am feeling unwell?
No. We are asking that any participant who is not feeling well or who is showing any mild symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, fatigue, a runny nose or loss of taste or smell to stay home and not attend the event.
Can I request a refund if I am unable to attend the event due to sickness?
Entry fees are non-transferable and non-refundable, unless at the discretion of the event organisers. To discuss obtaining a refund due to illness, please contact MS Queensland on email@example.com or 1300 090 923
Can I request a refund for any other reason?
Entry fees are non-transferable and non-refundable, unless at the discretion of the event organisers. To discuss obtaining a refund, please contact MS Queensland on firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 090 923.
Will there be snacks and water on course?
Yes. We will have several refreshment stations set up on course. Due to the COVID Safe measures we are introducing at the event, there will be limited snacks and no cups will be provided. Participants MUST bring their own water bottles for refilling.
Extra cleaning will also be in place at all refreshment stations.
What happens if it’s raining?
Over the 10km course, it can rain in one section and be fine and clear in another. Participants should be prepared for all weather. The event goes ahead rain or shine, unless there is a significant danger to participants because of poor visibility, lightning, storms or strong winds. If this occurs, a notification will be posted on our website, an email sent to your email address and an SMS sent to your mobile.
Can I bring my dog?
No animals of any kind are allowed on the walk.
Where can I leave my belongings?
There will be a luggage tent for a small donation of $3. Please ensure clothing is wrapped in sealed plastic bags for weather protection and is clearly labelled. You will be provided with a ticket that corresponds with your bag. Please keep this in a safe place. All care will be taken however we accept no responsibility for lost or damaged items.
How can I find out more?
If you need any further information, feel free to contact us via phone or email:
Phone: 1300 090 923 | Email: email@example.com