Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I enter?
- When do online entries close?
- What do I receive for my entry fee?
- When will I receive information about the day?
- How can I purchase merchandise?
- Does my entry fee go towards people living with MS?
- What will happen if I don't reach the minimum fundraising target?
- I want to fundraise, but I don't know where to start. Where can I get more information?
- How can I bank my offline donations?
- What does the fundraised money go toward?
- Can I request a refund?
- Will I receive a receipt when I donate to a rider or team?
- What happens if it’s raining?
- What happens if I can’t get to the start line at 6.00pm?
- Can I bring my dog?
- Where can I leave my belongings?
- How can I find out more?
1. How do I enter?
The best way to enter is online. Entering online also saves us administration costs, which means more support for people with MS. Should you wish to register offline using cash, cheque, or money order, please contact us on 07 3840 0828 or email@example.com.
You can also enter on the day up to 6:00pm at the Registration Tent (payments by cash or credit card only).
2. When do online entries close?
Online registrations will close on Thursday 19 October, 2017, but you can still register on the day.
3. What do I receive for my entry fee?
- Official MS Moonlight Walk lantern
- Mapped out course with safety officers and course marshalls
- Refreshment stations with water, toilets and first aid
- Live entertainment and food stalls
- Dedicated volunteers who can assist you on the day
4. When will I receive information about the day?
You will receive an email in the week before the event with information about the day, course maps, event schedule etc.
5. How can I purchase merchandise?
You can purchase merchandise during the registration process or through your fundraising account. Log in and select 'Buy Merchandise'.
You can select to have your merchandise mailed to you, or you can collect it from the merchandise tent on the night.
There will also be a merchandise tent where you will be able to purchase the official MS Moonlight Walk t-shirts and trucker caps. However, we sold out of merchandise last year, so to avoid disappointment, order your merchandise early!
6. Does my entry fee go towards people living with MS?
Your entry fee goes towards supporting the associated costs of staging such a large public event. This means we rely on you to get involved and raise much-needed funds for the 23,000 Australians living with multiple sclerosis.
All money raised by our walkers in the MS Moonlight Walk goes towards changing the lives of people living with MS, and to ensure no one has to face MS alone.
7. What will happen if I don't reach the minimum fundraising target?
There is no penalty for not reaching the $250 fundraising minimum, however as your registration fee helps cover the running of this essential fundraising event, funds you raise will support the increasing number of people living with multiple sclerosis and to fund research to find a cure. We will provide each participant with all the personalised support they require to reach their fundraising goals, and host a fantastic event to celebrate each participants' achievements.
Our goal is to raise $600,000 this year to continue to support the growing number of people in Queensland living with MS and we cannot do it without this event and the public’s support..
8. I want to fundraise, but I don't know how or where to start. Where can I get more information?
It's wonderful you would like to fundraise to help the thousands of Australians living with MS. We recommend personalising your fundraising page with a photo of you. This shows your supporters they are supporting YOUR walk. The next step is to start asking people (family, friends and colleagues) to sponsor your walk.
We find email works best! Just an email (we can even provide you with a template if you require it), to all your friends, family, colleagues and other networks can raise hundreds of dollars very quickly. Also asking for sponsorship on Facebook, and asking people face-to-face are very effective ways to make a difference. We are here to help coach you through any fundraising methods.
We also have loads of resources and downloads to help you reach your fundraising goals. If you require any further assistance, please contact us on 07 3840 0828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we are more than happy to help.
9. How can I bank my offline donations?
There are a number of ways you can bank any donations you receive via cash and cheque/money order. Click here for more information.
10. What does the fundraised money go toward?
All money raised by our walkers in the MS Moonlight Walk goes towards providing support and care to the thousands of Queenslanders living with MS.
This year we are aiming to raise $600,000 to help fund vital support services such as physiotherapy, counselling, advocacy and an information line as well as exciting new research projects exploring possible causes and a cure for MS.
11. Can I request a refund?
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
12. Will I receive a receipt when I donate to a walker or team?
Any donation of $2.00 and over is tax-deductible. If you donate online, a receipt will automatically be emailed to you. You may request to appear anonymously. If you prefer to donate to a walker with cash, the walker can bank this cash into their own account and add it as an offline donation on their fundraising account. Please ensure they are supplied with your details for receipt purposes. i.e. Amount;First Name; Last Name; Email; Address; Suburb; Post Code; State; Country; Phone number.
13. What happens if it's raining?
Over the 10km course, it can rain in one section and be fine and sunny in another. Participants should be prepared for all weather. The event goes ahead rain or shine, unless there is a significant danger to participants because of poor visibility, lightning, storms or strong winds. If this occurs, a notification will be posted on our website, an email sent to your email address and an SMS sent to your mobile.
14. What happens if I can't get to the start line at 6:00pm?
The walk has staggered starts until just after 6:15pm. Once the staggered starts have ended for each course, you will no longer be able to participate in that course.
15. Can I bring my dog?
No animals of any kind are allowed on the walk.
16. Where can I leave my belongings?
There will be a luggage tent for a small donation of $3. Please ensure clothing is wrapped in sealed plastic bags for weather protection and is clearly labelled. You will be provided with a ticket that corresponds with your bag. Please keep this in a safe place. All care will be taken however we accept no responsibility for lost or damaged items.
17. How can I find out more?
If you need any further information, feel free to contact us via phone or email:
Phone: 07 3840 0828 | Email: email@example.com