This year we’re introducing a brand NEW option for those that wish to take to the streets to light up their own neighbourhood across Queensland!
In addition to our 3km, 5km and 10km course along Brisbane river, participants can alternatively choose to walk in their neighbourhood on Friday 26 March, and light up their local area.
Register for the MS Moonlight Walk – In Your Neighbourhood, and you will still receive your free MS lantern in the mail, plus your personal online fundraising page to spread the word and raise money for Queenslanders living with MS.
Tips on keeping safe in your neighbourhood
We love you want to support people living with MS and have chosen to take to the streets in your neighbourhood rather than joining in the masses at Davies Park. We wanted to give you some hints on staying safe while out walking:
- Consider the route you want to take on the night – have you walked it at night before and do you know how lit up these areas are? Maybe do a quick drive around the area one night in the few weeks leading up to make sure it’s a safe night time route.
- Are the footpaths relatively flat and trip hazard free? Its easier to spot hazards in the day time, so if it’s a new route you haven’t walked often, be careful on the night.
- We strongly recommend anyone under the age of 16 is accompanied by an adult.
- Carry water with you to keep you hydrated
- Ensure you are following all our tips on how you can keep COVID Safe, so that you and any family or friends walking with you on the night stay healthy. Find these here.