Time is running out to ensure you will recieve your event materials!
Register before Wednesday 6th October to ensure you recieve your lantern, welcome pack and merchandise in time for the walk!
Want to take part in the Walk to Fight MS closer to home? With our 'In Your Neighbourhood' virtual option you can! On Friday 15 October, you can light up the streets of your own neighbourhood wherever you are across Queensland.
Register for the MS Moonlight Walk - In Your Neighbourhood, and you will receive a welcome pack, your MS Lantern, plus your personal online fundraising page to spread the work and raise money for Queenslanders living with MS.
Keep scrolling down this page to view other local walks and read the FAQs.
The 2021 March MS Moonlight Walk saw over 500 incredible participants take part in their very own neighbourhood, walking in their local towns and cities across Queensland to show their belief that no one should face MS alone.
Explore the map to check out where all our incredible neighbourhood walks that will be taking place on Friday 15 October.
If you are choosing to take part in your neighbourhood for this years MS Moonlight Walk, you can add your very own MS lantern to the map when registering, by choosing the tick the button on the ‘create a team’ step and list your event.
You can also use this map to see what other ‘In Your Neighbourhood’ walks are registered and taking place in your local area. Why not request to join the team! Simply search that that team here and click ‘join team’ on the fundraising page - then complete your registration. The team captain will be sent a request for you to join them!
When should I walk?
On Friday 15 October, anytime from sundown!
How far should I walk?
You can set your own distance! As a suggestion, why not walk 3km, 5km or 10km in your local area – these are the three courses that are on offer along the Brisbane river from Davies Park.
Did you know when you register and log onto your personal dashboard you can even set your distance goal! Simply head to ‘my fitness activity’ tab and enter the km’s you will be walking on Friday 15 October.
You can also link your fitness app and track your steps. This will all appear on your fundraising page, so your sponsors can see your dedication in the walk to fight MS!
What’s included in my registration price?
Once you sign up, you’ll receive:
- Your very own lantern, posted out so you can LIGHT up your neighbourhood
- A flash fundraising page, where you add your kilometres walked – in the lead up to and on event night
- All exclusive access to our NEW closed Facebook Group!
- Your own FUNdraising toolkit to help you raise as much as you can to support 4,000 Queenslanders living with MS
- Support from the team at MS Queensland, to help you and your fundraising every step of the way
- The knowledge that you are part of a, strong community walking to ensure no one faces MS alone.
Can I do this with other people?
Of course – we encourage everyone to ask their family and friends to join them in the walk to fight MS.
We ask, that everyone registers online as a participant in the MS Moonlight Walk so they can have access to all the goodies included in registration, plus they will receive their official MS Moonlight Walk lantern to carry on the night.
How can I register and recruit my team?
Registering a team is easy, just follow the below steps:
- Start by registering yourself as an individual
- At the bottom of the “CREATE YOUR PAGE” step, there is the option to create or join a team
- The person who creates the team is by default the Team Captain
- You can then let other people know about your team, so that they can join in when they register – you can do this via email or social media. We have some tools available to help you - including posters if you want to go old school!
Is there a maximum team size?
Yes, for safety reasons we recommend that if you are joining to walk to fight MS in your local area, we ask that you keep group sizes to 50 people maximum. Please note, this may change if there are government restrictions for public gatherings in place at the time of walking.
Please keep updated with these changes through your local authorities.
Are there any rules I need to abide by?
Safety of our participants is always our first priority, whether you’re attending an event, or taking part in your neighbourhood. Below is a list of rules in place to help keep you safe:
- Follow all Queensland road rules and walk with care and consideration of others on the roads and paths at all times
- Follow the direction of the relevant government and health authorities in relation to the size of public gatherings and other COVID-19 measurements including social distancing, hygiene and isolation
- Stay home
- if you are feeling unwell, or showing any of the following symptoms: cough, sore throat, fatigue, runny nose, fever, loss of smell and/or taste.
- if you or any of your household are being tested for COVID-19 and are yet to receive your results
- if you or any of your household has been in contact with a person isolated by a medical practitioner or who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the event
Tips on keeping safe in your neighbourhood
We love you want to support people living with MS and have chosen to take to the streets in your neighbourhood rather than joining in the masses at Davies Park. We wanted to give you some hints on staying safe while out walking:
- Consider the route you want to take on the night – have you walked it at night before and do you know how lit up these areas are? Maybe do a quick drive around the area one night in the few weeks leading up to make sure it’s a safe night time route.
- Are the footpaths relatively flat and trip hazard free? Its easier to spot hazards in the day time, so if it’s a new route you haven’t walked often, be careful on the night.
- We strongly recommend anyone under the age of 16 is accompanied by an adult.
- Carry water with you to keep you hydrated
- Ensure you are following all our tips on how you can keep COVID Safe, so that you and any family or friends walking with you on the night stay healthy. Find these here.
How can I fundraise?
There are a number of ways you can fundraise for the MS Moonlight Walk! Check out our website for all our fundraising tips: www.moonlightwalk.com.au/fundraising/fundraising-tips
Get in touch
If you have any more questions, please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 090 923.